Monday 25 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge Day 16 or how I've turned on a song

Today is ANZAC Day here in Australia which is a day of reflection & for once an early start in the household as my son walked in a march representing his school (though they are on holidays, the senior leaders chose to do it). As a result I've been up for a lot longer than usual before posting here on this challenge.

The song to go in search for is one I used to love but now hate. Really, there aren't many in that category. Sure, I was a teenager in the 80s and for that there are a number which hold cringe worthy affection. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to hate them. I put it down to nostalgia for my first loves, and all those 'first' experiences as you grow up.

Kokomo by The Beach Boys was released in 1988 in conjunction with the movie Cocktail, starring a much younger Tom Cruise and Bryan Brown. Personally, I was more enamoured with Bryan over Tom (he never held that huge an appeal for me - I think it's too many teeth in that smile....)



I've tried to give you a whole experience, finding a link that has movie snippets throughout......now go wash your brain out with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment