Sunday 10 April 2011

30 Day Song Challenge

So. I've finally succumbed to a music meme. It was bound to happen. I've played music since primary school & I suspect if I'd been able to talk myself into the idea of a touring and itinerant lifestyle I would've pursued music as a career choice.

Music was one of those crossroad major decisions one makes in life. Thanks to the school system at 15 I had to choose between music and ancient history. Ancient history won as I was able to continue instrumental music until I finished school.

Given I ended up with a double major in ancient civilisations for my first degree it was the right way to go. Not least as I never did convince myself of a wanting musician lifestyle - and to this day I see a live production of something I always want to be down in the pit with the musos (not on stage with the performers).

So, without further ado - here is day 1 of the  meme.

Your favourite song. I went with the Elvis version of Suspicious Minds. I also enjoy the Pet Shop Boys version (& suspect if I heard, or more importantly, remembered others I'd like them too).

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with the music neme.

    I love this version of Suspicious Minds. Then again, I've always loved Elvis Presley's voice. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with you Eleni. I love his voice too, especially in the range used for this song :)

    ReplyDelete